September 28, 2009

Alas…

> — Staff @ 5:57 am

A fond farewell…

For the last twenty-some-odd months, the staff of Ascendant Justice – Vociferous and Cocopjojo – has enjoyed bringing various Halo observations to this site; observations which were, in many ways, simply extensions of our own pre-existing conversations. The rich fiction of Halo begs a deeper understanding, and its vast universe, a more profound excercise of exploration. And for this reason, this site as an outward facing paradigm of those conversations has been a great blessing to both of us.

Furthermore, Jironimo’s leadership, both financially and with the site’s overall design and objective, has been irreplaceable. We’re not entirely certain what his future plans are for the site or its existing content, but his commitment to the staff throughout the Ascendant Justice endeavour has been thorough and well appreciated. Thank you, Ivan!

So it comes with some level of sadness that both of us will now part ways with Ascendant Justice. Not long ago, an opportunity emerged which allowed us to work with 343 Industries on an experience known as Halo Waypoint. While we can’t fully reveal our capacity with this project, we can say that Microsoft recognizes our readers’ interest in this site and the passion and love which encompasses that readership base – and for this reason, we owe you, our readers, the most appreciation.

Without you, there would be no Ascendant Justice, nor would there ever need to be one. So thank you for the attention you’ve provided to our site and we look forward to offering the same level of deference and respect to the franchise on Halo Waypoint as we have done on Ascendant Justice.

– Vociferous & Cocopjojo

89 Comments »

1. Good luck you two, make ’em stick to the complexities of the lore.

Comment by Battle Magnum — October 4, 2009 @ 2:27 am

2. I am disappointed that you would leave without at least writing a detailed analysis of ODST there is so much information from com terminals & data on the USNC Covenant war for example the engineers situation and drone ranks at least if you can keep every thing to the story perfectly

Comment by Dragrath — October 5, 2009 @ 4:32 pm

3. I am disappointed that you would leave without at least writing a detailed analysis of ODST there is so much information from com terminals & data on the USNC Covenant war for example the engineers situation and drone ranks at least if you can keep every thing to the story perfectly good luck

Comment by Dragrath — October 5, 2009 @ 4:33 pm

4. I’m…shocked. We’ll miss you guys. Make us proud in 343.

Comment by Richard — October 5, 2009 @ 8:41 pm

5. Well this would explain the absence of you guys commenting on Halo 3 ODST. Congratulations on Halo Waypoint, I’m looking forward to that. I wish you guys had done something for Sadie’s Story like Kilination said at the top. It is indeed a sad day. Your viewpoints and insight we on par with the novels and the games, perhaps better.

Scott

Comment by Scott — October 6, 2009 @ 12:28 am

6. Wow, first time comment from me like others. I have read many of your articles and the depth that you guys go into each section of Halo in itself was superb. I am a little sad that this place will be empty, but top job guys, you couldn’t have done it any better. Best of luck for your future endeavors.

Chris

Comment by Chris — October 6, 2009 @ 3:35 am

7. Halo Waypoint! Wow! Congratulaions guys! I do have to say I will miss this site and all you’ve done for us fans. You’ll always be remembered. Good luck on bigger and better things!

Your Loyal Fan,

Comment by Chris000 — October 6, 2009 @ 4:35 pm

8. I think like everyone else I was hoping for a look into ODST but still that is a huge achievement. Good luck with 343.

Adam

Comment by Adam — October 6, 2009 @ 8:20 pm

9. This is indeed a sad day. Ascendant Justice is/was THE BEST Halo site out there, the deep readings and explanations of Halo lore is unrivaled.

I’ve enjoyed everthing I’ve read and coupled with the books/games helps complete the picture for me in the epic Halo saga.

While it’s sad to see you two go, I actually see it as a good thing for now I know that 343 industries, looking after the Halo IP, are going to have 2 people who can ensure the Lore is locked down tight 🙂

I hope someone else will fill in the void you’ll leave surrounding all the new Halo releases and I also hope you enjoy creating the mysteries as much as you enjoy unravelling then.

Comment by Adam — October 7, 2009 @ 6:03 am

10. I’m just curious: Will this stay up/be archived, or should I start archiving/saving every last page now? 😐
    Thanks for everything you’ve given us the last almost two years, and great work so far! Good luck!

Comment by Space — October 8, 2009 @ 4:34 pm

11. Thanks for all the intriguing and well written articles you’ve published over the years. You guys did a great job.

Comment by Danny A G — October 8, 2009 @ 5:21 pm

12. it’s sad to see you guys leaving…will be visiting halo waypoint though…

Comment by x7 — October 9, 2009 @ 6:25 am

13. you guys provided alot of much needed info on the ending of halo 3 and if it wasnt for that i would still be searchin the web lookin for clues

but thanks to you guys i wont need to

you guys did a good job over the last few years

Comment by jackson — October 9, 2009 @ 9:21 am

14. Very sad. You will be missed. Good luck at 343.

Comment by Mark — October 9, 2009 @ 6:41 pm

15. Sorry to hear that you guys are leaving, I really enjoyed the meticulous studies you have made of the Halo universe which are very much interesting to read. But anyway, good luck at 343, I will keep an eye and an ear out for Halo: Waypoint, whatever it maybe.

Comment by Mikes — October 11, 2009 @ 6:26 am

16. It’s sites like this and guys like you that make Halo more than just “a video game”. There are countless Halo fans out there that are every bit as engrossed in the story and fiction as the actual gameplay. Thanks for providing such great insight on the Halo canon. I wish you best of luck at 343, and am eager to see what you guys will bring to the table there.

Comment by Alan — October 12, 2009 @ 11:39 am

17. I came here looking for an odst review as well, and was shocked to see that you guys are leaving. But you’re bringing a tremendous amount of talent to 343, so they should be honored to have you, and I’m sure whatever you help them turn out will be great and I look forward to seeing it. Good luck! And thanks for everything you’ve written here; I’ve thoroughly enjoyed reading it.

Comment by Jesse — October 12, 2009 @ 7:32 pm

18. This site has been a huge contributing factor in my love of the Halo universe, and the mysterious Forerunner legacy especially. While I’m sad that there’s not likely to be such continuation here, it comes in the best possible way, by rewarding you guys for your efforts and devotion to helping broaden others’ enjoyment of the series. Very best of luck in your new positions, and any and all future endeavours.

Comment by Araqiel — October 13, 2009 @ 9:27 am

19. I’m not sure I can add anything new to the comments above, other than to second ever last comment celebrating your tremendously well written and incisive articles. I for one will miss them incredibly (especially the fantastic articles on the Terminals), but I am looking forward to catching up once again on Halo Waypoint.

Best of luck in the future and thank you for making Halo more than just a game.

Comment by KujiGhost — October 14, 2009 @ 2:59 pm

20. Felt compelled to right something, but just as the post above, I cant come up with anything relevant to add. Good luck though!

Comment by Janaka — October 17, 2009 @ 2:55 pm

21. Aw. I, as well as others here, was looking forward to reading something about ODST.

But I’d like to say congratulations to the both of you. I hope you never cease to amaze the Halo community. Good luck 🙂

Comment by Grimmothy — October 19, 2009 @ 10:48 pm

22. This is very saddening. The amount of content this site had about the Halo universe was extraordinary and it was great to come here and be surrounded by fellow Halo nerds who loved the game as much as myself. Please tell me that someone else will be taking over the site!

Comment by ForerunnerFox — October 20, 2009 @ 1:51 pm

23. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This blog was Halo’s best! All the insights, images, observations… GOOD LUCK!!!

Comment by Alex — October 24, 2009 @ 8:32 pm

24. I’m gonna miss you guys.

Comment by Christian Bethel — October 29, 2009 @ 11:42 am

25. You will be missed. I never commented on your site before, but I wanted to wish you a bright future at 343 and hope for good things to come.
    Farewell.

Comment by A Farewell To Kings — October 29, 2009 @ 12:36 pm

26. man i downloaded waypoint it was da bomb i hope you guys will come back good job on waypoint thx guys

Comment by deathless — November 10, 2009 @ 8:29 pm

27. Happy and sad news at the same time, you guys offered some of the best insight into the Halo universe that I, and probably most who visited the site have ever seen. Good to know that this won’t be the last we hear from you though. This gives me more excitement for whatever 343 Industries’ projects are as well.

Comment by Matt — November 12, 2009 @ 1:00 am

28. You guys were and are simply the best. Your insights vastly improved my understandings and appreciations of the franchise. You guys rock! And will be missed =(

All the best
    -Sean Oswald

Comment by Seanroc2 — November 17, 2009 @ 10:35 pm

29. ”Were it so easy..”

Comment by Rev4n — November 20, 2009 @ 1:10 pm

30. Thanks for all the insight. I’ve read everything at least twice. Your website has made me the the go-to guy for Halo related questions amongst my IRL circle of friends. Good luck with 343 and Halo Waypoint, but most of all, have fun!

Comment by Adam Goode — November 21, 2009 @ 2:10 pm

31. i manage a video game store, a very large and busy one at that.

whenever asked my favourite game halo always is my first answer.

no matter how many times i played the games or read the books every time i visited this site i was slammed with endless pieces of infomation that would have gone straight over my head.

i could always without fail come to this site, read your articles and get a complete and detailed insight to halo lore.

thank you very much for the service you have done me and other fans, and for free.

there is a saying of if your good at something dont do it for free, well i hope now 343 will be paying you.

i hear they pay very well. enjoy every penny, you have earnt it.

🙂

Comment by Fabien Regione — November 22, 2009 @ 7:24 am

32. 1st time posting, but I felt I had to. I’m sad you guys are leaving, but I can’t help but feel excited at what you might bring to Waypoint. Best of luck, and we’ll see you there!

Comment by Fatman — November 24, 2009 @ 3:23 am

33. You guys knew halo like no-one else. If ever i had spare time i would always come here to see and learn about halo. Without you I probably never would have been such a raving fan so I had to say something. I hope to see some of your writing into halo lore posted on halo waypoint. Good luck.

Comment by Gregg — November 28, 2009 @ 1:12 pm

34. Jeez, no wonder the forum has been dead for a while.
    And I’m just seeing this now?

Good luck Voc and Cocop! Thanks for everything here at AJ.

Comment by Schultz — December 24, 2009 @ 11:47 pm

35. No more forum? dang

Comment by Cobaltz — January 27, 2010 @ 7:04 pm

36. Ascendant Justice… without you I would have bored of Halo’s campaign long ago, but your detailed and fun insights have led me to play all of the games over again just to see what i’ve missed. R.I.P, Ascendant Justice. You will be missed.

Comment by Hujgup — January 30, 2010 @ 7:16 am

37. Well than. this would be my first and likely last comment here… So let it be said, Thank You!
    I intend to continue enjoying all your hard work, i only ask that you please forward any info required to follow you beyond even Waypoint.
    At that I will mention what I’m doing right now… Setting up some campaign ideas for both GURPS, Rifts… YAY!
    Forerunner campaign.
    Joining the covenant campaign.
    Other independent ones, not to mention anything about Shieldworld…
    Your work will and has provided a “Super-source” and for that I am infinitely in debt to ya.
    See you ingame
    E63

Comment by E63 — February 28, 2010 @ 9:32 pm

38. Any chance we can get a high resolution shot of that picture? And sad to see you guys go, but hell i’ve been loving waypoint just as much as i enjoyed this site!

Comment by Ryan — March 22, 2010 @ 2:40 pm

39. It’s sad but I never knew Cocopjojo edited this site.. I’ve seen him online a few times.

Well, very sad to see you go, I just stumbled upon this site again, and enjoyed every minute of it (there were at least 50).

–HC Mongoose

Comment by Mongoose — August 21, 2010 @ 7:29 am

RSS feed for comments on this post.

download autodesk navisworks manage 2009 download activestate komodo ide 4.4 aglare dvd ripper platinum 6 partition magic 8 quarkxpress 6.0 download microsoft office enterprise 2003 runtime revolution enterprise 2.9 download ashampoo cover studio download acala divx to ipod microsoft mappoint 2006 europe download altova stylevision enterprise 2009 corel dvd copy 6 plus download adobe photoshop cs4 extended download ad aware 2009 download adobe creative suite cs3 download altova umodel 2008 powerarchiver 2009 download autodesk 3d studio max 2008 download altova stylevision 2005 propellerhead reason 4 download acala dvdcopy download xilisoft cd ripper download acdsee photo editor 2008 download ashampoo winoptimizer 5 download download pantaray q-setup pro 9 microsoft encarta 2008 download 4 media dvd to ipod converter microsoft sharepoint designer 2007 download transmagic expert microsoft frontpage 2002 adobe flex 2 download adobe acrobat 9 pro extended adobe creative suite 3 design premium download 3d home architect design suite deluxe 8 download efreesky magictweak 4.11 download adobe presenter 6 autodesk navisworks review 2009 download acdsee pro 2 adobe photoshop 10 ad aware download microsoft encarta 2007 download acala dvd ipod ripper download cakewalk sonar 5 download download microsoft visual studio 2008 professional boris fx 8 download download adobe photoshop 12 acala dvd audio ripper ashampoo office 2008 download native instruments traktor dj studio 3.4 corel painter x download onenote 2007 download smartftp 2.5 symantec winfax pro 10.02 fix-it utilities professional 9 download smith micro poser 7 canvas 11 with gis+ download paragon partition manager 8.5 enterprise server download codegear delphi for php 1.0 adobe creative suite 4 web premium download altova mapforce enterprise 2009 download autodesk autocad architecture 2009 download download canvas 10 autodesk autocad civil 3d land desktop companion 2009 aurora media workshop download download cakewalk sonar 4 adobe presenter 7 download novosoft handy backup 6.1 pro boris blue 2.0.1 download microsoft encarta premium 2008 corel painter x mac download corel photoimpact x3 daz bryce 6.1 mac microsoft office visio professional 2003 autodesk autocad revit structure suite 2009 adobe contribute cs4 download autodesk inventor professional 2009 download adobe photoshop 7.0 download crystalidea uninstall tool 2.5 imsi turbofloorplan landscape and deck 12 microsoft autoroute 2007 europe download futuremark 3dmark vantage professional download download zonealarm internet security suite 8 adobe photoshop cs4 extended mac autodesk 3d studio max design 2009 download ashampoo photo optimizer 2 download download acala dvd to pocket pc nuance omnipage professional 16 download corel draw 11 download adobe illustrator cs4 futuremark 3dmark 05 pro efreesky magic utilities 2008 download parallels desktop 4.0 for mac microsoft encarta premium 2007 download download steinberg nuendo 3 adobe incopy cs4 download paragon hard disk manager 2008 professional download download fl studio 8 xxl altova databasespy 2009 download adobe photoshop 8 download nero 9 download acdsee download corel video studio pro x2 download adobe after effects adobe contribute cs3 download download vmware workstation 5 mylogomaker professional 2 microsoft streets and trips 2005 download smartsound sonicfire pro 5 scoring download download adobe captivate 2 autodesk toxik 2008 download acala dvd ripper professional 5 adobe premiere pro cs3 download vmware workstation 6.5 ace download conceptdraw office 8 acronis true image 8.0 download abbyy finereader download download steinberg nuendo 3.0 norton partitionmagic 2008 guitar pro 4 acronis true image 10 download adobe illustrator cs i.r.i.s. readiris pro 11 mac download download modelright professional 3.0 neobyte titan backup microsoft streets and trips 2006 download adobe flash cs4 professional mac download ashampoo uninstaller 3 deskshare videoeditmagic 4.3 pixologic zbrush 3 mac download sony cd architect 5.2 download boris graffiti 5.2 pc washer 2 mcafee total protection 2007 ashampoo magical snap 2 download adobe photoshop cs3 download microsoft works 2000 download download altova xmlspy 2009 download microsoft office 2003 professional acala dvd zune ripper download download ad-aware 2008 propellerhead reason 5 download corel draw graphics suite x4 autodesk toxik 2009 imsi turbofloorplan home and landscape pro 12 microsoft mappoint 2004 download corel draw 12 futuremark pcmark vantage advanced download download web page maker 3 adobe fireworks cs4 download microsoft windows vista business (64bit) microsoft autoroute 2008 microsoft office project professinal 2003 autodesk combustion 2008 download adobe creative suite 4 master collection adobe contribute 3 download adobe after effects 7.0 dvd ripper standard 5 autodesk autocad 2005 download roxio copy & convert 3 adobe director 11 download microsoft windows vista ultimate (32bit) download corel painter 10 autodesk combustion 4 download autodesk mapguide studio 2009 download altova diffdog 2009 originlab originpro 8 download futuremark 3dmark '05 pro mathworks matlab r2008a download download activestate komodo ide 5 chemtable reg organizer 4.21 download adobe illustrator cs3 abbyy finereader 9.0 professional quarkxpress 8 mac download corel painter 9 download microsoft works 7 microsoft works 8 download smartftp 2.0 download acdsee 10 photo manager download adobe after effects cs3 professional microsoft money 2005 lavasoft ad-aware 2008 pro download download microsoft streets and trips 2008 download mcafee total protection 2008 download kingsoft office 2009 download norton partitionmagic 8.05 i.r.i.s. readiris pro 11 vmware workstation 7 download download iexpert registry clean expert 4.58 pctools spyware doctor 5.5 adobe flash cs3 professional microsoft autoroute 2006 microsoft office onenote 2003 download 4media dvd to mp4 converter 5 microsoft mappoint 2006 adobe flex builder daz bryce 6.1 download microsoft works 9 acala dvd creator 3 intuit turbotax deluxe download intuit turbotax premier 2008 download download zonealarm pro 8 adobe photoshop 6 download microsoft money 2008 download download adobe director mx adobe incopy cs download download cyberlink powerproducer 5 ultra download microsoft frontpage 2000 cyberlink powercinema 5 adobe soundbooth cs4 download roxio creator 2009 ultimate download adobe indesign cs3 autodesk autocad 2008 adobe creative suite 4 design premium download autodesk autocad mechanical 2009 download hd tune professional quarkxpress 7.3 mac download cakewalk sonar 6 download microsoft expresion web 2 nero 6 download xilisoft video converter ultimate 5.1 download download boris final effect complete multilangual 5.0 autodesk autocad revit architecture 2009 download download symantec winfax pro 10.03 ashampoo winoptimizer 4 download adobe premiere elements download cyberlink powerdvd 8 ultra thegrideon access password professional 2.0 download microsoft autoroute 2005 adobe incopy cs2 faronics deep freeze enterprise 6 adobe presenter for mac download download adobe illustrator cs2 download adobe illustrator 10 altova xmlspy 2008 download download futuremark 3dmark 03 pro download tamosoft commview 6 full steinberg nuendo 4 download autodesk autocad map 3d 2009 download pixarra twistedbrush pro studio 15 download download smartsoft smartftp home 3.0 download ashampoo clipfisher download corel painter 8 adobe flash cs4 professional openpim download systemssuite professional 8 adobe dreamweaver 8 download futuremark 3dmark '06 advanced adobe creative suite 3 web premium quarkxpress 5.0 download download elcomsoft advanced archive password recovery 4 professional download imsi turbocad pro 15 download nuance paperport professional 11.1 cyberlink powerdirector 7 ultra download 4media dvd to ps3 converter 5 microsoft windows vista business (32bit) native instruments traktor dj studio 3.4 mac download corel video studio 11 download download native instruments reaktor 5 ashampoo firewall pro download xilisoft 1click dv to dvd apple final cut express 4 mac download steinberg nuendo 3.2 download download autodesk autocad revit mep suite 2009 futuremark 3dmark '03 pro download acd see intuit quicken rental property manager 2.0 daz carrara 6 pro mac autodesk combustion 5 download vmware workstation 6.5 download symantec winfax pro 10.0 download boris fx 9.2 download nero 7 download adobe premiere pro cs4 installshield x express edition download ashampoo core tuner download download corel photoimpact 12 download dzsoft perl editor 5.8.3 download kingsoft office 2007 adobe dreamweaver cs4 mac download intuit turbotax 2005 microsoft money 2004 download ashampoo movie shrink and burn 3 adobe after effects cs4 mac download adobe photoshop cs3 extended download adobe illustrator cs4 mac download download xilisoft dvd ripper platinum 5 adobe flex 3 adobe dreamweaver cs4 download autodesk navisworks simulate 2009 download e-gadgets delete duplicate files download codegear rad studio 2007 architect cyberlink power2go 6 download uniblue speedupmypc 2009 download uniblue registrybooster 2009 download nero 8 ultra edition download autodesk 3ds max onenote 2003 download norton partitionmagic 8.0 guitar pro 5 mac download microsoft office project professional 2007 autodesk autosketch 8 sony vegas pro 8 download download adobe premiere pro cs4 mac download intuit turbotax 2004 download daz bryce 5.5 corel dvd moviefactory 6 plus download lavalys everest ultimate 4.5 adobe photoshop 9 download propellerhead reason 4 mac xilisoft audio converter 2.1 symantec winfax pro 10.4 download microsoft streets and trips 2007 adobe director 10 download paragon drive backup professional 8.5 adobe fireworks cs3 download cakewalk sonar 7 producer edition download zonealarm antivirus 8 nero express download acronis disk director suite 10 download nero burning rom corel draw 10 download nuance pdf converter professional 5 download download algolab photo vector 1.98 native instruments reaktor 5 mac xilisoft dvd ripper ultimate 5 microsoft encarta premium 2006 download adobe indesign cs4 mac download acala divx dvd player assist download adobe creative suite 4 master collection mac download adobe captivate 3 download download quarkxpress 6.5 ashampoo magical defrag 2 download download sony acid pro 6 download microsoft office 2007 altova semanticworks 2009 download quarkxpress 8 corel draw x3 download mcafee security innovative solutions advanced uninstaller pro 9.5 download autodesk autocad electrical 2009 download adobe flex builder professional 3 download cyberlink dvd suite 5 pro download paragon partition manager 9 professional vmware workstation 5.5 download xilisoft video to audio converter 5.1 autodesk autocad 2009 autodesk inventor 10 microsoft encarta premium 2009 autodesk autocad 2006 microsoft works 8.5 adobe after effects cs4 cakewalk sonar 3 download ashampoo photo commander 6 download ashampoo burning studio 7 corel draw 9 download download microsoft mappoint 2005 corel dvd 9 download ca erwin process modeller mcafee antivirus download adobe indesign cs4 download tuneup utilities 2008 autodesk autosketch 9 download microsoft office 2000 download partition magic 8.05 download download adobe contribute 4 autodesk autocad raster design 2009 ashampoo burning studio 8 download adobe after effects 6.5 download dvd ripper platinum 5 download adobe fireworks 8 download altova schemaagent 2009 codegear rad studio 2009 architect zonealarm internet security suite 2009 download download novosoft handy backup 6.1 server microsoft office 2008 mac download intuit quicken rental property manager 2009 download download corel video studio 12 altova diffdog 2008 autodesk inventor 2008 quarkxpress 7.3 passport download burnaware professional download sound forge audio studio 9 download autodesk 3d studio max 2009 download guitar pro 6 microsoft money 2007 deluxe download grahl pdf annotator 2 download microsoft digital image suite 2006 download ms sharepoint download smartftp 3.0 altova umodel enterprise 2009 download download tamosoft commview for wifi 6 full graphisoft archicad 12 download powerdesk pro 7 download microsoft money 2006 adobe dreamweaver cs3 download acronis disk director suite 9.0 download abby fine reader download download microsoft streets and trips 2009 avid media composer 2.8 microsoft frontpage 2003 download microsoft windows vista ultimate (64bit) download download corel painter ix autodesk autocad 2004 download download mcafee total protection 2009 download wincare memory booster gold microsoft encarta 2005 acronis true image 11 home xilisoft iso burner partition magic 7 download download partition commander server edition 10 steinberg nuendo 2 download download microangelo toolset 6 4media dvd to ipod converter 5 download download microsoft money 2007 home & business quarkxpress 7 download corel draw 11 mac adobe creative suite 3 master collection dtsearch desktop 7 microsoft money plus microsoft mappoint 2009 north america download adobe premiere 6.5 download autodesk inventor 11 sony sound forge 9 download download acala avi divx mpeg xvid vob to psp altova stylevision 2008 download download pinnacle studio 12 ultimate microsoft mappoint 2008 download download guitar pro 5 download autodesk autocad 2007 futuremark 3d download adobe creative suite cs2 propellerhead reason 3.0 download acala video mp3 ripper download microsoft office enterprise 2007 download download windows xp professional sp3 futuremark 3dmark 06 advanced download ashampoo powerup 3 microsoft office visio professional 2007 xilisoft audio maker 3